In Edmonton, home lotteries pay professionals to sell tickets. The Rotary Club of Grande Prairie would rather pay organizations to sell as fundraising opportunities, however – the Club expects ticket sellers to consider this as a paid for position and there are expectations as such. One expectation is all review the training videos.
After reviewing the training videos, please confirm by entering your name and organization at the bottom of this page.
Also, see below for important documents.
Notes for 2020:
* Purchasers can have the option of having e-tickets emailed (Savings for the lottery!) within a few days (Usually the next Monday) or mailed via Canada Post within 3 weeks. We hope to promote email only as it saves us substantial money not to mention paper. We want to encourage this, this year, “e-tickets only”.
* Tickets will NOT be sold at the Prairie Mall this year (Just FYI)
You can practice a sale by using this link. You can put in a fake number such as 7805551234 to populate a name.
Video below: Selling Tickets. How to, mechanics. 8 minutes
Video below: ID Scanning system. Capture data in 2 seconds. 3 minutes.
Video below: Using the hand held terminals to process payments. 3 minutes
Video below – Quick tips to decrease errors and increase success. 3 minutes
Video below: For captains’ use. End of day tasks. 7.5 minutes
Helpful documents to increase your success.
- Volunteer Ticket Sales Instructions for DREAM HOME OUTLET
- I.D Scanner Instructions
- Email Addresses. Increase Success
- POS Terminal (Credit Card Machine) Cheat Sheet
- 7 points to assure success selling tickets
- Captain’s Guide to Balancing Sales